*Original photography taken by me!
One of my favorite fashion gals and a great friend, Kristen Morado, is the Executive Administrative Assistant of LUXE PR & PROMOTIONS, as well as a member of the Saks Fifth Avenue Austin team. I met this lovely lady while studying together at the University of Texas, and we hit it off immediately, sharing a love for journalism, fashion, and baseball games! I recently had the chance to interview Kristen…read below for a fun Q&A with her.
1. Name and position. "Kristen Morado, Executive Administrative Assistant."
2. How did LUXE PR & PROMOTIONS start? "LUXE PR was originated by Anthony Martinez while he completed his final year attending Texas State University. While pursuing my magazine journalism degree, I was known for my background in fashion writing and covering individuals that serve as role models to others. Anthony had this same mindset, but instead of writing about these individuals, he represented them. I later joined the team, and we’ve worked great together ever since."
3. Why Austin? ”Austin is already known for it’s music scene, and we would like to place it on the fashion map as well. There is undiscovered talent here, and we want to be the gateway from Austin to larger fashion cities.”
4. How do you reach out to your target audience and gain loyalty in such a competitive market? "We gain loyalty by providing our audience with what they expect and more! Anthony worked to build a high-end luxurious brand from the start. Now, as we proceed, it is our goal and responsibility to make sure that we continue doing that with every single project we work on."
5. Is there a client you are currently obsessing over? "Yes, Ana Reign! She is FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS! Her fine jewelry is something that I’ve never seen before. It’s caught the attention of many celebrities, the latest being Joan Rivers… and we are excited to see what the future holds for her!”
6. If you could style one celebrity tomorrow, who would it be and why? "Lady Gaga! I love both her and her music; however, I would like to see her dress normal for once."
7. What trend are you loving most this season? "Pastels are really catching my eye. I’m ready to play these soft hues into my wardrobe, as well as my makeup."
9. What is the last song/artist playing in your car? "Beyonce’s-Countdown. I’m in love with her video, and she is wearing just about every spring trend!”
10. What is a favorite item in your closet? “My hot pink ostrich Michael Kors clutch.”
11. Your guilty obsession is? ”MAC makeup. I love every line they come out with. Makeup has the ability to change the look of just about any outfit.
12. What makes LUXE a unique place to work? "All of our team members have the same mindset, work ethic, and confidence."
13. How do you balance working for LUXE and Saks at the same time? "It’s all about time management. I’m always doing something. Even during my free time, you’ll find me constantly sending emails through my phone."
14. How do the two jobs compliment each other? "They both reside around high fashion and are looking for innovative ways to keep the attention of the consumer."