Happy May 1st everyone! Can you believe that the year has flow by so fast? School has been extremely hectic lately, and I haven’t had much time for blogging with graduation, a trip to Dallas, and of course… my Europe vacay around the corner. Although my life has been chaotic lately, I have a few fashion necessities to purchase before I venture across the world. I put together an inspiration board to help myself prepare and give you all some summer must-have ideas!
How flirty and fun is this Betsey Johnson suit, perfect for the sandy beaches of St. Tropez? Or, a zesty lemon suitcase by J.Crew, great for traveling in style! And of course, you can’t forget a good pair of Chaco walking sandals to stroll the streets of Paris and visit the museums in Amsterdam. Another item that has me swooning is Esther boutique’s pastel pink dress! Are any of these items catching your eye?
I browsed my calendar last night and realized that my last day as a college student is only three weeks away! Can you believe it? This also means that my Europe vacay is crawling closer, and being the super-organized planner that I am, choosing outfits for this incredible trip has already crossed my mind. Have I mentioned that I will be spending a week in the fashion capital better known as Paris? Five weeks and counting!
As you all know, color blocking is a huge trend right now, and I anticipate that it will be popular for many more seasons to come. Anything goes when you pair together showstopping shades of pastel, neon, and neutral.
This collage is by far one of my favorite inspiration boards I have created! I love Shea’s electric cut out dress of Cheyenne Meets Chanel, and I’m a tad obsessed with mixing prints and solid hues! Don’t you agree?
I have been a Hunger Games fanatic for over a year now, so I spent this past Sunday indulging in the much anticipated premiere with my roommates, ready to be captivated by Suzanne Collin’s compelling story yet again! Katniss Everdeen, played by none other than the beautiful Jennifer Lawrence, stole the show wearing stunning on screen ensembles that represented her character, “the girl on fire.” Not to anyone’s surprise, this leading lady is just as fashionable and flawless in her day to day life. Whether she is spotted on the streets, red carpet, or guest starring on a late night talk show (top image), Jennifer knows her style and wears it well.
For Jennifer’s first look, I put together two different black tops paired with a simple trouser, and complimented that with some go-to MK pumps and a tribal inspired necklace.
For her second look that played off her character in the film, I found a lace detailed dress, sexy red pumps, and gold accessories to match.
*Original photography taken by me!
One of my favorite fashion gals and a great friend, Kristen Morado, is the Executive Administrative Assistant of LUXE PR & PROMOTIONS, as well as a member of the Saks Fifth Avenue Austin team. I met this lovely lady while studying together at the University of Texas, and we hit it off immediately, sharing a love for journalism, fashion, and baseball games! I recently had the chance to interview Kristen…read below for a fun Q&A with her.
1. Name and position. “Kristen Morado, Executive Administrative Assistant.”
2. How did LUXE PR & PROMOTIONS start? “LUXE PR was originated by Anthony Martinez while he completed his final year attending Texas State University. While pursuing my magazine journalism degree, I was known for my background in fashion writing and covering individuals that serve as role models to others. Anthony had this same mindset, but instead of writing about these individuals, he represented them. I later joined the team, and we’ve worked great together ever since.”
3. Why Austin? ”Austin is already known for it’s music scene, and we would like to place it on the fashion map as well. There is undiscovered talent here, and we want to be the gateway from Austin to larger fashion cities.”
4. How do you reach out to your target audience and gain loyalty in such a competitive market? “We gain loyalty by providing our audience with what they expect and more! Anthony worked to build a high-end luxurious brand from the start. Now, as we proceed, it is our goal and responsibility to make sure that we continue doing that with every single project we work on.”
5. Is there a client you are currently obsessing over? “Yes, Ana Reign! She is FABULOUS, FABULOUS, FABULOUS! Her fine jewelry is something that I’ve never seen before. It’s caught the attention of many celebrities, the latest being Joan Rivers… and we are excited to see what the future holds for her!”
6. If you could style one celebrity tomorrow, who would it be and why? “Lady Gaga! I love both her and her music; however, I would like to see her dress normal for once.”
7. What trend are you loving most this season? “Pastels are really catching my eye. I’m ready to play these soft hues into my wardrobe, as well as my makeup.”
9. What is the last song/artist playing in your car? “Beyonce’s-Countdown. I’m in love with her video, and she is wearing just about every spring trend!”
10. What is a favorite item in your closet? “My hot pink ostrich Michael Kors clutch.”
11. Your guilty obsession is? ”MAC makeup. I love every line they come out with. Makeup has the ability to change the look of just about any outfit.
12. What makes LUXE a unique place to work? “All of our team members have the same mindset, work ethic, and confidence.”
13. How do you balance working for LUXE and Saks at the same time? “It’s all about time management. I’m always doing something. Even during my free time, you’ll find me constantly sending emails through my phone.”
14. How do the two jobs compliment each other? “They both reside around high fashion and are looking for innovative ways to keep the attention of the consumer.”
One lucky lady is about to add a wonderful statement piece to her wardrobe! So without further ado, the winner of our Audra’s Details giveaway is Alex Siminski!
Congratulations! Please email email@example.com to redeem your jewelry. Thank you to everybody that entered our first sweepstakes… be sure and stay tuned for more fabulous giveaways in the near future. Have a great weekend everyone!