I am thrilled to announce that Audra Deaton of Audra’s Details
has partnered with Keep Austin Trending for our first giveaway! This week you can WIN a gorgeous statement necklace, and the winner will be announced Friday.
Follow the instructions below to enter our sweepstakes:
- leave a comment on this blog post telling us your favorite way to accessorize or “Like” Keep Austin Trending
and Audra’s Details
on Facebook and tell us your favorite way to accessorize!
- To increase your chances of winning, add us on Twitter and tweet @rachelkschultz and @audey_j with the #keepaustintrending hashtag
Below is a fun Q&A with the talented girl behind the jewels, Audra!
1. Nickname? “Audball.”
2. Where are you from? “I was originally born in Roswell, New Mexico, and later raised in Lubbock, Texas.”
3. What is one item you would never leave the house without? “A roll-on stick of fresh perfume.”
4. If you were a shoe, what shoe would you be? “A lace-up, wedge heel bootie in fantastic black leather! Just saying it gets me excited and makes me feel powerful.”
5. Who is your celebrity crush? “Kit Harington from Game of Thrones. An accent with shaggy hair and puppy dog eyes- that’s a killer combo!”
6. What was the last song playing in your car? “Wading in the Velvet Sea- Phish.”
7. What inspired you to design jewelry? “A college research project in an Ancient African History writing course. I was so interested in studying the materials and natural elements used to adorn people throughout different cultures.”
9. What is your favorite thing to do in Austin? “Wake up on a Saturday, pop into a neighborhood coffee shop, and order a yummy breakfast. I could sit for hours and read a book or people watch some of the visitors.”
10. One thing most people don’t know about you? “As much as I love jewelry, I have a fear of over doing it. I’ll never forget this Coco Chanel quote I read in a book that influences my style: “When accessorizing, always take off the last thing you put on.” I’m a firm believer that sometimes too much can be distracting. If you’re on your way out the door and throw on something last minute, it probably wasn’t necessary. If you have confidence, that’s all you need!”