A rising new star that goes by the name of Fifth and Fite is a force to be reckoned with. Their powerful lyrics, creativity, and unique sound make them stand out from the rest. I wanted to spread the word and help support my younger cousin’s band, so I was able to squeeze in a little Q&A with Cameron for your viewing pleasure!
Baylor University’s student-run label, Uproar Records, signed Fifth and Fite earlier this year, and they just released their first EP on iTunes. Click above for their Facebook page or follow them on Twitter @FifthandFite
1. Who or what inspires you? “Our faith is definitely a big source of inspiration. Musically I enjoy Citizen Cope, Matt Kearney, The Civil Wars, etc.”
2. Any predictions for the future of Fifth and Fite? “We want to spread our music to the masses, so touring as much as we can and working on a full length album is the plan.”
3. Favorite venue to play at? “Our favorite place would have to be Common Grounds in Waco, Texas. It’s a cool little coffee house right off of campus, and big name performers put on shows there as well.”
4. How do you balance school and work…or what you may call play? “It’s tough trying to balance the two. We all have busy lives, and it can be impossible to sit down and write music at times. When we do collaborate… good music is the product.”
5. Since this is a fashion style blog, what trend are you rockin’ lately? “For the most part we rock jeans and a button up, but we are all different and dress to fit our individual styles. We have been listening to a lot of indie music lately, and I have noticed that it has influenced our style!”